The Mortar comprises a smooth bore barrel, the breech piece (with fix pin firing), the base plate and range indicator. Charges 0, 1 and 2 are required. Charge “0” which is only the ignition cartridge for a range up to 380 m and charge 2 for maximum range 1600 m. The elevating scale has mils and meter scales, which enables to align the mortar without the need of range tables. The sight is of a bubble indicator type. Alignment is achieved using a white line painted over the barrel. Firing is achieved using drop action method on a fix firing pin.
• Ideal weapon for infantry platoon and squard level support
• Effective support for close range and urban warfare
• Two operation modes:
– firing with bipod to get full range 2500 m.
– firing in commando mode, without bipod to achieve range of 1600 m.
• Sight units elevation scales incorporate range tables there is no need for range tables
• Authorizzed ammunition: all types of qualified 60 mm in use worldwide
|Range||150 – 2,550 m (Full range), 150 – 1,600 m (Commando mode)|
|Weight (sight excluded)||18,0 kg (Firing with bipod), 9,0 kg (Commando mode)|
|Barrel length||740 mm|
|Elevation||45 to 85 Deg|
|Bomb weight||1,6 kg|
|Charge||0, 1, 2, 3 and 4|
|Crew||1 to 2|